Finding creative solutions for Wills and Estate disputes
Meet the Team
Some of Our Satisfied Clients
“Marc has been working on my litigation for the past 6 years and I truly appreciate all the hard work and follow up that has been put into it. I am grateful that he was recommended to me at my “fresh” time of loss as he definitely stands out over and above the others.”
~ Maureen C., Abbotsford, B.C.
- 2006 – Called to the Bar in B.C. (LL.B. from the University of Alberta).
- 2007 – First successful trials in Provincial Court and the B.C. Supreme Court.
- 2010 – Received national media coverage for a court decision in an Internet defamation and breach of privacy case.
- 2011 to present – Has successfully argued cases in the B.C. Supreme Court and the B.C. Court of Appeal.
- Marc enjoys movies and travel whenever possible.
Marc A. MisnerPrincipal Estate Lawyer
Marc is a trial lawyer who recognizes that there are many ways to resolve estate litigation disputes and arguments over an inheritance—the best solutions often happen outside of the court room; however, if a dispute does go to court, Marc is an experienced litigator who is well equipped to represent you at all levels of court!
Marc was called to the Bar in B.C. in May 2006. Before completing his first year as a lawyer, Marc had run his own trials in the B.C. Provincial Court and a 5-day trial in the Supreme Court of British Columbia (Grancich v. Sinn, 2007 BCSC 1395).
In 2010, Marc received a court decision in an Internet defamation and breach of privacy case that was “…thought to be the first of its kind…” (The Lawyers Weekly national newspaper Jan. 20, 2012 at page 3) (Nesbitt v. Neufeld, 2010 BCSC 1605;  B.C.W.L.D. 407). This court decision received national media coverage (see CTV news) and has been written about by other lawyers across Canada (see wiselaw.blogspot.ca, bc-injury-law.com, and mondaq.com). This court decision resulted in one of the highest awards of damages to date for this kind of case ($40,000—see appendix B slaw.ca).
In 2012, Marc received a B.C. Court of Appeal decision which overturned the B.C. Supreme Court decision and returned to his clients an interest in their home and business (Truong v. Tran, 2012 BCCA 492. See article at on point legal research at Pgs. 5 – 9.)
Since about 2011, Marc has been focusing his law practice on estate litigation matters which include disputes over wills, trusts, powers of attorney, and elder law issues.
In April 2019, in a hotly contested estate dispute, Marc secured a trial decision in favour of a minor client granting her 100% of her late father’s estate.
- 2017 – Obtained a Bachelor of Business Administration Degree from the University of the Fraser Valley.
- 2021 – Obtained his Juris Doctor Degree from Thompson Rivers University in Kamloops.
- 2022 – Admitted to the Law Society of BC.
- Jeffrey enjoys being involved in sports and has recently taken up golf.
Jeffrey SandhuAssociate Legal Counsel
Jeffrey Sandhu is an associate lawyer with Legatum estate litigation. Jeffrey believes every problem has more than one solution, and he ensures all approaches to a problem are considered before proceeding. Jeffrey believes careful consideration and healthy communication can help achieve efficient and affordable resolution. Jeffrey’s first approach to any file is communication with all parties involved to try and reach a resolution. When out-of-court resolution is not an option, Jeffrey works hard to prepare for litigation, ensuring his clients receive the best possible representation.
Jeffrey was born and raised on his parents’ fruit and vegetable farm located in Abbotsford. Jeffrey obtained a Bachelor of Business Administration Degree from the University of the Fraser Valley in 2017 and then attended Thompson Rivers University in Kamloops where he obtained his Juris Doctor Degree in 2021. Jeffrey remained in Kamloops after graduation to complete his articles at a multiservice firm and was admitted to the Law Society of BC in June of 2022. He returned to Abbotsford in 2022 to be closer to family and begin working at Legatum Estate Litigation, a firm he had previously worked at as a student.
In his free time, Jeffrey enjoys being involved in sports, he has recently taken up golf. Before attending law school, Jeffrey coached bantam A-1 and A-2 hockey with the Abbotsford Minor Hockey Association and taught Tae Kwon Do at Master Lee’s Tae Kwon Do School. Jeffrey and his wife now stay active with their puppy.
- Degree in criminology from Simon Fraser University.
- Has worked as a paralegal for over 25 years.
- Certificate in paralegal studies from Capilano University.
- Deborah enjoys travelling and camping. She is a member of a book club that has been reading together for more than 10 years.
Deborah WerkCertified Paralegal
Deborah has been a paralegal for more than 25 years. She has a degree in criminology from Simon Fraser University and a certificate in paralegal studies from Capilano University. Her main focus has always been in litigation. She has experience assisting with estate litigation, personal injury matters, commercial litigation, and family law matters. Deborah is adept at working on what can often be emotionally difficult legal disputes.
In her spare time, Deborah enjoys traveling and camping. She is a member of a book club that has been reading together for more than 10 years. Deborah’s favourite guilty pleasure as a paralegal is watching reality television, in particular Dr. Phil and The Bachelor.
- Decade of experience working in law firms.
- Bookkeeping certificate from the University of the Fraser Valley.
- She enjoys yoga, gardening, spending time with her family, and being out in nature.
Maria SarraOffice Manager
Maria has over a decade of experience working in law firms. She holds a bookkeeping certificate from the University of the Fraser Valley.
Maria is an animal lover. She enjoys yoga, gardening, spending time with her family, and being out in nature. In her free time, Maria loves to read.
- 2018 – Obtained Legal Administrative Assistant certificate.
- Experienced bookkeeper and administrator.
- She enjoys reading, watching good television, and spending time with her family.
Heidi DickLegal Assistant
- Working on completing a Paralegal Diploma at Vancouver Community College.
- Kira enjoys binge-watching Netflix, spending time with family, and enjoying nature.
Kira DeolLegal Assistant
- Experienced executive assistant and receptionist.
- Donna enjoys golfing, camping, fishing, travel and spending time with family and friends.
Donna has extensive office experience having worked in many varied roles, most recently as Executive Assistant/Office Manager for over nine years in Calgary before making the move to Mission, BC.
Donna enjoys golfing, camping, fishing, travel and spending time with family and friends.