Meet the Team
Some of Our Satisfied Clients
“Marc has been working on my litigation for the past 6 years and I truly appreciate all the hard work and follow up that has been put into it. I am grateful that he was recommended to me at my “fresh” time of loss as he definitely stands out over and above the others.”
~ Maureen C., Abbotsford, B.C.
- 2006 – Called to the Bar in B.C. (LL.B. from the University of Alberta).
- 2007 – First successful trials in Provincial Court and the B.C. Supreme Court.
- 2010 – Received national media coverage for a court decision in an Internet defamation and breach of privacy case.
- 2011 to present – Has successfully argued cases in the B.C. Supreme Court and the B.C. Court of Appeal.
- Marc enjoys movies and travel whenever possible.
Marc A. MisnerPrincipal Estate Lawyer
Marc is a trial lawyer who recognizes that there are many ways to resolve estate litigation disputes and arguments over an inheritance—the best solutions often happen outside of the court room; however, if a dispute does go to court, Marc is an experienced litigator who is well equipped to represent you at all levels of court!
Marc was called to the Bar in B.C. in May 2006. Before completing his first year as a lawyer, Marc had run his own trials in the B.C. Provincial Court and a 5-day trial in the Supreme Court of British Columbia (Grancich v. Sinn, 2007 BCSC 1395).
In 2010, Marc received a court decision in an Internet defamation and breach of privacy case that was “…thought to be the first of its kind…” (The Lawyers Weekly national newspaper Jan. 20, 2012 at page 3) (Nesbitt v. Neufeld, 2010 BCSC 1605;  B.C.W.L.D. 407). This court decision received national media coverage (see CTV news) and has been written about by other lawyers across Canada (see wiselaw.blogspot.ca, bc-injury-law.com, and mondaq.com). This court decision resulted in one of the highest awards of damages to date for this kind of case ($40,000—see appendix B slaw.ca).
In 2012, Marc received a B.C. Court of Appeal decision which overturned the B.C. Supreme Court decision and returned to his clients an interest in their home and business (Truong v. Tran, 2012 BCCA 492. See article at on point legal research at Pgs. 5 – 9.)
Since about 2011, Marc has been focusing his law practice on estate litigation matters which include disputes over wills, trusts, powers of attorney, and elder law issues.
In April 2019, in a hotly contested estate dispute, Marc secured a trial decision in favour of a minor client granting her 100% of her late father’s estate.
- Degree in criminology from Simon Fraser University.
- Has worked as a paralegal for over 25 years.
- Certificate in paralegal studies from Capilano University.
- Deborah enjoys travelling and camping. She is a member of a book club that has been reading together for more than 10 years.
Deborah WerkCertified Paralegal
Deborah has been a paralegal for more than 25 years. She has a degree in criminology from Simon Fraser University and a certificate in paralegal studies from Capilano University. Her main focus has always been in litigation. She has experience assisting with estate litigation, personal injury matters, commercial litigation, and family law matters. Deborah is adept at working on what can often be emotionally difficult legal disputes.
In her spare time, Deborah enjoys traveling and camping. She is a member of a book club that has been reading together for more than 10 years. Deborah’s favourite guilty pleasure as a paralegal is watching reality television, in particular Dr. Phil and The Bachelor.
- Decade of experience working in law firms.
- Bookkeeping certificate from the University of the Fraser Valley.
- She enjoys yoga, gardening, spending time with her family, and being out in nature.
Maria SarraLegal Assistant & Bookkeeper
Maria has over a decade of experience working in law firms. She holds a bookkeeping certificate from the University of the Fraser Valley.
Maria is an animal lover. She enjoys yoga, gardening, spending time with her family, and being out in nature. In her free time, Maria loves to read.
- 2018 – Obtained Legal Administrative Assistant certificate.
- Experienced bookkeeper and administrator.
- She enjoys reading, watching good television, and spending time with her family.